Do I need a GRE test/score?

No, this test is not required. If you have passed the test, the results should be included in the application.

I am going to obtain my bachelor degree after the deadline for the application, but before the beginning of the academic year: can I still apply for the programme?

You are not allowed to apply for an E+ Scholarship. At least one BA degree must be included in the application. However, you might be allowed to apply as self-funding student if the call is extended.

I have lived/studied/worked in a country where English is an official language but it’s not one of the countries stated on the webiste (UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Australia, Ireland). Will this count as English proficiency?

No. We can only accept degrees entirely held in English from the countries mentioned above.

Do I need to scan all of the pages of my international passport?

Yes. Please scan all pages of your passport.

What should be mentioned in the statement from my place of work? Is there any special form?

There is no special form. The statement should provide your full-name and address, a title of the position held and the beginning of the contract.

Is my application ineligible if I write less than 6000 characters in the motivation letter?

We place great value on reading why perspective candidates have the necessary skills to join the master programme and why they think such a programme can improve their career perspectives. Also, the length of the letter was chosen in order to receive a sample of writing in English. Therefore, letters that are less than 6000 characters are still considered, yet the chances of the candidate to get selected are greatly reduced.

Which of my application documents have to get certified/legalized?

Foreign documents (e.g. original university diplomas and official transcripts of study results from your university, Certificate of special qualification for University studies) must be certified by the Foreign Office (State Department) and, in a second step, by the Austrian Embassy/Consulate in your country of origin. For some countries, the certification can also be simplified within a “Haager Apostille”. For some countries, the legalization is suspended.

Which of my application documents have to be translated?

Any document containing foreign language (except English or German) submitted to the University of Salzburg shall be accompanied by a full English, certified translation.

When will I receive the admission letter valid for obtaining my VISA?

You will receive the admission letter after you have fulfilled all registration requirements (sending all required application documents, fulfilling eventual order of improvements).
The Admission Office at the University of Salzburg is responsible for the registration of students, therefore the letter will not be issued or sent by the DCLead administration, but by the Admission Office itself – by email and regular mail. Unfortunately it is not possible to request a specific shipping method.
Please note: All questions regarding your status of admission should be addressed to the DCLead administrator, not to the Admission office.

For which type of Visa do I have to apply before starting the DCLead programme?

You have to apply for the type Visa D at the Austrian Embassy/Consulate in your country of origin/residence before travelling to Salzburg, Austria. The VISA D is valid for stays of at least 91 days up to a maximum of 6 months. Stays within the Schengen zone are possible for a maximum of 90 days during this period. Your visa should be valid until February (incl.).
Please get in contact with the Austrian embassy in your home country soon enough. The procedures can take up to two months.

Candidates from Partner Countries only applying for an E+ Scholarship have to fill in the „Declaration of Past and Present Residence and Stay in Programme Countries“. Since I fall on that category, do I have to fill that up even I have never resided or stayed in a Programme Country?

Yes, please. Fill it out and leave the dates empty.

Can I submit the English Test results (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS) after the deadline of application?

Yes, the English test is required only for Phase 2 “Registration”, but recommended for Phase 1 “Application”. Applicants that are not in possession of a proof of English proficiency can simply indicate their level of expertise in the curriculum using the guidelines provided in the Europass template. Only shortlisted applicants (in Phase 2) must demonstrate their English proficiency, prior to the registration (hence, within 8 weeks from the notification of the selection’s result). However, it is necessary to argue in the motivation letter that you have the required level of English proficiency.

What is the usual ratio between Erasmus mundus scholarship recipients and self-funding students?

The approx. ratio is 3:2.

What GPA do you expect for being eligible for the scholarship?

Applicants don’t have to demonstrate a min. GPA . Shortlisted candidates that receive a scholarship  are selected according to a large number of criteria. Here you’ll find more information regarding the required background.

I will get my BA degree (official diploma) after the application deadline, but I have already finished my credits and I can hand in a certification. Could I still apply?

We can accept a certification that is not a diploma if it clearly states that there are no further pending tasks, i.e. that all the credits have been earned and that it is only a matter of waiting for the piece of paper.

Can I apply for a scholarship without the completion of a Bachelor’s degree ?

For our master programme, it is not possible to apply for an E+ Scholarship without a valid diploma. If you have a letter that says that you have graduated but have not received a proper documentation, this will be considered. However, if you have still any pending obligation before your diploma (e.g. finishing your thesis), you are not eligible for the scholarship. You can apply next year!

Is there any sort of device or procedure established to account for professional insertion of non-EU nationals? Are alumni of the program basically responsible on their own to secure a visa to stay in the EU if they want to work in Europe?

The E+ Scholarship is designed to provide non-Europeans to with an experience in the EU so that they might become ambassadors of the EU educational systems. This is the main reasons for the EU to finance these kind of study programmes. Hence, we also help student improve their employability with activities that include our industry partners. However, we do not necessarily aim at forming professionals specifically for the EU job market. That said, many of our non-EU students that have a job in the EU.