Application phases for Intake 8 (class 2023-2025):
- Regular Application (E+ Scholarships + self-funded students) closed in December 2022.
- Spring Window Application (self-funded students only, no E+ Scholarship available) is currently open, but only places as ‘reserve’ are currently available. We recommend only students who do not need a Visa to study in the EU to apply, as the process of getting the Visa might not be compatible with the programme’s start in late September.
Important information regarding Intake 8 applications
The DCLead Programme was selected by the EACEA for funding in 2015 and 2018. Thanks to this funding, DCLead was able to provide 111 students with a full scholarship, each valued at circa 36.000 euros for two years.
DCLead must apply for new funding in February 2023, and it will receive an answer regarding its application in July. If selected the programme will have funding for scholarships for four more intakes (2023-2026). While DCLead has a good chance to be selected again for funding, it also has no guarantees.
This situation has consequences on the 2022 selection process. These are:
1) Candidates can apply before the 6th of Dec. 2022. By the end of January, selected candidates will be contacted for interviews. Those candidates that will pass the interview will be asked to move to phase 2 of the application. This also requires seconding the original legalized degree. However, until July the programme will not be able to confirm that the scholarship is available, even to the candidates that have been selected.
2) Because of the late notification concerning the scholarship, DCLead has to prioritize applications from candidates that have real chances to obtain a valid visa for the Schengen area in time, and before the beginning of the programme, or candidates that do not require a Visum at all. The former are candidates residing in countries where there is an Austrian diplomatic representation (embassy). The latter are EU citizens. In case of similar qualifications, these two types of candidates will be prioritized.
3) DCLead cannot guarantee until July 2023 that a new intake of students will start in September 2023. In case of non-selection for funding by the EACEA, the programme board will decide whether the number of self-funding students represents a viable group to start a new intake for the year. In case of cancellation, all deposits and fees will be returned in full.
We regret the uncertainty caused by this situation. Unfortunately, we are only implementing in the best possible way a system designed by the EACEA, which also undertakes a very large and complex selection process in a relatively short time.
Also note that candidates applying for self-funding will be also considered for the DCLead Scholarship. This scholarship entails a reduction of the participation costs. DCLead Scholarships will be announced after the phase one. Only candidates applying as self-funding students will be eligible.
We suggest following our social media channels for regular updates about the programme:
Facebook | Facebook Group | LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram